The Kiosk Content Contest
Be a voice for students and have a chance to win prizes at the same time!. Get on the inside track of all that is CUNY SPS. The Student Association has launched SPS’s first student-run news publication. Our news site is online and on point and you have the chance to be a part of the excitement. Find us at http://thekiosk.net/. We want to grow our team and generate new content so we are inviting you to participate in our 3rd great student content contest.
Rules for Submission:
- Entrants must be current CUNY SPS students in good standing. While The Kiosk welcomes articles from the alumni, administration and faculty, they cannot participate in the contest, sorry. Submittals will be “blind” to the judging staff, so while The Kiosk publisher is excluded, the editors are allowed to compete.
• 1st Prize- $75 Amazon gift card
• 2nd Prize- $25 Amazon gift card
• Written hard news articles
• Feature style stories
- No limit to entrant’s submissions, or categories, but only one prize per participant will be awarded
- Enter by email by midnight 12/1/19: email@example.com
- Entries will be judged by a panel based on the following quality criteria: Newsworthiness, originality and relevant to students Technical expertise/Mastery of media Written content should follow AP Style guidelines for citations and style. (Associated Press, not APA) click for PDF version guidelines
Podcasts and videos are edited properly and suitable for publication ** Also use AP style for accreditation Photography should be publishable and submitted as 300 DPI files Infographics/graphics/layouts should be submitted in PNG files
** Also use AP style for accreditation
Photography should be publishable and submitted as 300 DPI files Infographics/graphics/layouts should be submitted in PNG files
**Free from profanity, abusive or slanderous material
The work will be judged by a panel of SPS faculty and administration. Judges’ decisions are final.
Have fun and GOOD LUCK!